It started from small beginnings, learning to ski in a New Zealand club-field resort called Temple Basin. His parents, both skiers, helped build the current infrastructure of the tiny club field some 30 years ago in their university days, and this passion for skiing and mountain life was soon ingrained in Fraser.
Fraser is now based in Wanaka, a hot bed of skiing talent in the southern hemisphere, also home to fellow TNF athletes Sam Smooothy and Janina Kuzma. He has rounded out his mountain skills by becoming a proficient climber and in his spare time pursuing his passion for snow science and meteorology. He is also a tertiary qualified engineer and an experience glider pilot, a hobby he uses to scope out new mountain zones throughout NZ Southern Alps which he adds to the list of places to explore on skis.
• First place at Engadin Snow Invitational – 2009
• Multiple podiums at World Heli Challenge – 2013 and 2014
• Third Place at TNF Freeski Open NZ – 2014
• Backcountry Expeditions
• TNF Trip – Murchison Glacier in Mt Cook National Park, NZ 2013
• Filming with Legs of Steel for their Fall ’15 video release Passenger. Featured in the Powder Magazine Award winning ‘Powder segment’.
• TNF Trip – Valdez, Alaska 2016
• Release of “Sky Piercer” film with Sam Smoothy, Xavier De Le Rue and Nadine Wallner – 2018
• Release of Mt Aurum – Hike or Fly film with Sam Smoothy – 2019